Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings -

I just got my first slingshot as a gift this past Christmas. I'm really enjoying shooting it, and I do so almost every day. The model I have I believe is made by MoreFarther. It's the rig in the pics below. It's a triple-tube system, and it came with a total of three spare bands. Unfortunately, I broke all of the bands in a matter of a month. I ordered some replacements triple-tubes from Amazon, but they were much shorter than the original bands that came with the slingshot. The original bands would draw all the way back to my cheek, and I found that I was very accurate at this length. These shorter bands work OK, and they actually seem to be of a stronger construction than the original bands, but I am just not very accurate with them. I have looked, and looked, and looked for a replacement to the longer bands, and have had no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
I think your best bet would be ordering a roll of 1745 tubing and making them yourself, It is super easy and cheap. You can get 1745 anywhere, eBay, Amazon, or any of the slingshot suppliers. Also, I know this is going to sound backwards, but if/when you make your own just make them with a single tube each side. The draw weight will be MUCH lighter and your shot will be faster I almost guarantee.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I think your best bet would be ordering a roll of 1745 tubing and making them yourself, It is super easy and cheap. You can get 1745 anywhere, eBay, Amazon, or any of the slingshot suppliers. Also, I know this is going to sound backwards, but if/when you make your own just make them with a single tube each side. The draw weight will be MUCH lighter and your shot will be faster I almost guarantee.

Hope this helps.
I agree more strands does not guarantee more power, just more draw weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts