Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over some of my old shooting notes from a few years ago, and man alive I was really into power for sure !! My go to ammo was marbles but I shot 1/4 to 1/2 oz lead oval fishing weights a lot. Shooting Green Dub Dub, 3060 and 5/16od x 3/16id x 1/6wall single tubes, also 2050 as a single. I was really into singles as I liked the cleaner look.

Most of my velocity was in the 175 to 220 ish fps and a fpe in the 15fpe plus range . Some of my set ups had more momentum than a 22 at the muzzle, ya when that heavy ammo hit something it just moved and smashed stuff. Yes, a 205gr projectile at 180 ish fps hits very hard (that's with Green Dub Dub at 73 degrees). I had lots of other testing I did but I can't find the files right now. The thought of having something that powerful and small enough that fit in your pocket and did not make enough noise to draw attention just amazed me.

Back then I was into a different frame of mind and I was amazed at the power that a slingshot could have, and even today many of my slings have enough poop with an ammo change to do some serious hurt'n on something !

I'm now shooting mostly small stuff and just having fun .. from 1/2oz lead to .177 BB's is quite a change :- ) I do shoot marbles on occasion, but now I usually save the marbles and been shooting .177 BB's for practice. I have quite a few slings set up for 3/8" steel which I really like, but I'm stingy with that and use it just for pest control mostly ;- )

Anyway, just my musings after looking at some of my older writings.

wll

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
I also enjoy my older writings, the "Dead Sea Scrolls", but boy, I tell ya, it would have been great to have "spell-check" back then!

THWACK!

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found some more notes and the ammo I was shooting was all the way up to 3/4oz oval lead weights, some had 18-~20 fpe at the muzzle. I used a lot of Kent 5/16OD back then, Green Dub and Kent #303 which I still use a lot of. !!! I used marbles most of the time, & shot 7/16ths steel too. The lead ammo I kept for other stuff and I still have most of it.

wll

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.