Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I've been wondering how looped flat bands, similar to how Chinese style tubes are constructed, shoot on a chinese style fork.

I know Hunter Bands come looped and fit on a fork, and that constructing something similar at home shouldn't be too hard. My question is, how would that shoot, and are there any issues with using flat bands in such a configuration?

G

·
it is same with chinese tyle tie,when tube ties tube ,not too hard for tie.it is ok that 2-3 loops on bands.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've done that, but I prefer OTT.
So, when you say OTT, you mean that the shot shoots over the fork, rather than through it? Does this have anything to do with the wrist-flick that most chinese style shooters use? Or do they shoot through the fork?

I read that that is more accurate than through-fork.

I've been looking a flat-band, wooden, and preferably comfortable to shoot with that's as accurate as possible (though accuracy is in the hands of the shooter). Would an over the top fork be best (if i'm understanding OTT correctly)? If so, what are some designs that shoot in that way?

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Look at the products made by the vendors on this forum:
Flatband makes both thru and over
Bunnybuster makes ott (and maybe some thru?)
Perry makes ott
Fish makes ott
All fine designs

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
ok let me try this
i took gold thera band an cut it half in by 17in
an put it on one of mine an loop it like the toobs shoots ok but bands tangle
if your shooting anything less than 9mm or the fancy
marbles i got at a craft store
some of the dankung work pretty well with a flat band
some wont at all
the little 6mm steeleis fly like crazy but the bands
tangle after every shot
danny hooked me up with this rig
im having a blast learning to shoot it
one fork ding allredy lol

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at the products made by the vendors on this forum:
Flatband makes both thru and over
Bunnybuster makes ott (and maybe some thru?)
Perry makes ott
Fish makes ott
All fine designs
does OTT mean that the bands are tied, then fed over the tops of the fork? Does it have anything to do with how the round flies through/over the fork?

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I've done that, but I prefer OTT.
So, when you say OTT, you mean that the shot shoots over the fork, rather than through it? Does this have anything to do with the wrist-flick that most chinese style shooters use? Or do they shoot through the fork?

I read that that is more accurate than through-fork.

I've been looking a flat-band, wooden, and preferably comfortable to shoot with that's as accurate as possible (though accuracy is in the hands of the shooter). Would an over the top fork be best (if i'm understanding OTT correctly)? If so, what are some designs that shoot in that way?
[/quote]

Yes.
Don't know
Yes
Depends - everybody has a preference
Answered by Dayhiker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.