Slingshots Forum banner

Looped Ring Bands?

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  redcard 
Yes, I used to use 1/4 inch wide postal rubber-bands linked like that for hunting dove and quail in Oklahoma when I was a kid and they work very well. You can even link them in a taper by using more at the fork and less at the pouch. My only gripe was it wasn't too quick on a second shot because they can sometimes tangle. Everyone should try this because it will surprise you with the right rubber-bands.
By the way, you start at the pouch and work back to the forks when building a band set. When done just slip last folded rings into the slot of the ring on the fork.

Just make chain a little longer and rig it for over the top by wrapping rubber band around the end of chain and fork like flat bands. Shoots very well like that, but I still prefer small tubes or flat bands, but the rubber-bands are fun to shoot, especially if you are strapped for money. I bought quite a few 1/4 inch wide ones from WalMart for less than two bucks.

Oh... I get your question...drill a hole in a wooden fork and cut a slot where you want it, then just sand everything smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.