Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my torque yesterday and put some of my looped 1745 tubes on and after about 150 shots max they are already showing significant wear and am expecting only 50 or so more shots. I use a constrictor knot to tie my pouches but it isn't wearing there yet. It is wearing where they are attached to the Torque slingshot. I switched to looped tubes in hope that I'd get around 600-800 shots and am very very annoyed. They are just 1745 tubes from eBay. I am wondering If I should make my bands with something like heat shrink as a protector where it rubs against the Torque slingshot. Please help. Cheers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi mate. Are they dankung brand tubes? They might be a bad batch, sometimes the dankung batches can be a bit hit or miss. I had a bad batch of 1842 black from an ebay vendor last year, they had a white hue and made a creeky noise when elongated. They were wearing through after about a day of shooting, whereas normally I can shoot one bandset for weeks. The green tubes from gzk seem to be more consistent batch to batch. Perhaps the stock from the vendor was really old or stored in a bad environment. Other than that I can only guess that the edges on the torque are a bit squared or sharp causing premature wear. I've never handled a torque before, but I don't think I've heard of this problem from anyone before.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe fake. Just buy it direct from Dankung usually takes 3-4 weeks then least you know it's genuine. I've never had any problems and usually get well over 1000 shots per band set. By all means try an anti rubbing strip

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate. Are they dankung brand tubes? They might be a bad batch, sometimes the dankung batches can be a bit hit or miss. I had a bad batch of 1842 black from an ebay vendor last year, they had a white hue and made a creeky noise when elongated. They were wearing through after about a day of shooting, whereas normally I can shoot one bandset for weeks. The green tubes from gzk seem to be more consistent batch to batch. Perhaps the stock from the vendor was really old or stored in a bad environment. Other than that I can only guess that the edges on the torque are a bit squared or sharp causing premature wear. I've never handled a torque before, but I don't think I've heard of this problem from anyone before.

G'day nah they aren't dankung tubes they were just some latex 1745 tubing off eBay. Should I instead invest in some dankung?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe fake. Just buy it direct from Dankung usually takes 3-4 weeks then least you know it's genuine. I've never had any problems and usually get well over 1000 shots per band set. By all means try an anti rubbing strip
Nah not fake they weren't branded Dankung they were just some 1745 latex off eBay. Would Dankung be better then?

·
Registered
194 Posts

G'day nah they aren't dankung tubes they were just some latex 1745 tubing off eBay. Should I instead invest in some dankung?
Hi mate, it might be worth giving them a go. That's what I use usually, I'm trying the premium tubing at the moment and they seem good. It might be worth buying directly off dankung, they will take a while to get to you but they will be good quality and cheap

·
Registered
194 Posts
For the premium tubes you'd be looking to pay 14usd for 10m of 1745 delivered worldwide

Alright what if I just get the regular Dankung 1745 instead of premium, much difference?
The normal stuff is also well trusted and used by many, it's the genuine original 1745 tubing. It's 10.49USD for 10 meters. It's definitely worth trying it out

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the premium tubes you'd be looking to pay 14usd for 10m of 1745 delivered worldwide

Alright what if I just get the regular Dankung 1745 instead of premium, much difference?
The normal stuff is also well trusted and used by many, it's the genuine original 1745 tubing. It's 10.49USD for 10 meters. It's definitely worth trying it out

I'll try order some tomorrow but if I'm going to order some I want the best. Worth just getting the premium instead?

·
Registered
194 Posts

I'll try order some tomorrow but if I'm going to order some I want the best. Worth just getting the premium instead?
I've only just got my batch of the premium yesterday so I've not had much chance to try it. It does seem very good quality, it's very smooth and even thickness down the full 10m, it seems a little more snappy, maybe a bit faster than the black. There's a lot of good feedback about them on the website as well. I've been using the black tubes for a while though and have been generally very pleased with it as well. For the price I reckon give the premium a go, 10m will last ages

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I've only just got my batch of the premium yesterday so I've not had much chance to try it. It does seem very good quality, it's very smooth and even thickness down the full 10m, it seems a little more snappy, maybe a bit faster than the black. There's a lot of good feedback about them on the website as well. I've been using the black tubes for a while though and have been generally very pleased with it as well. For the price I reckon give the premium a go, 10m will last ages

No probs cheers mate I'll give the premium a go and order 20m just to be safe. Looped tends to use a fair bit...

·
Ray Rowden
2,645 Posts
You could have a bad batch of latex. But I haven't heard that you inspected the fork tips of your Torque for damage or sharp areas. It's possible a little sandpaper can set you right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.