Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sad to report that Oldmiser, Roger Adams, was found deceased in his apartment of natural causes on 11/20/19. He would have been 76 next January 15.

He was one of the most selfless, generous people I've ever known. He lived fully, always embracing new hobbies with a tenacious enthusiasm - camping, fly fishing, a new Harley, etc. He knew a lot about many things.

I'll really miss our long phone conversations and frequent emails.

R.I.P dear friend.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Very sad to report that Oldmiser, Roger Adams, was found deceased in his apartment of natural causes on 11/20/19. He would have been 76 next January 15.

He was one of the most selfless, generous people I've ever known. He lived fully, always embracing new hobbies with a tenacious enthusiasm - camping, fly fishing, a new Harley, etc. He knew a lot about many things.

I'll really miss our long phone conversations and frequent emails.

R.I.P dear friend.
Ah man that's sad to hear .. he was a awesome guy .. R.I.P. buddy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Oh no. I was just trying to text him. No stinking wonder...he always texted or called me.

He was a very good friend to me and slingshots.

I am nearly sick to hear it. But he certainly paid his dues in this life.

We often talked about how much we loved sleeping in hammocks.

Respect and love, Old Friend.

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Old Miser made a video for 'me' on using the Snar-Wrap on his trusty old Mule that he got from Toddy. He ripped my azz one day because he thought I wasn't going to refund him on a sling he bought and didn't like. He reminded me of...me. RIP Old Miser.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Old Miser made a video for 'me' on using the Snar-Wrap on his trusty old Mule that he got from Toddy. He ripped my azz one day because he thought I wasn't going to refund him on a sling he bought and didn't like. He reminded me of...me. RIP Old Miser.
Yeah, I guess he reminded me of me, too. You have that video?

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
He put it on YouTube. I'll grab it.

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
He put it on YouTube. I'll grab it.

https://youtu.be/OAvGxA4eaBs

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Oh my goodness ...What can I say?

I didn't know him outside the Forum and Internet, but he was always giving feedback on my works.

I recall him as a very polite, humble and interested member. He surely was a gentleman outside of the Forum.

Very sad indeed to hear this.

I give my condolences to his family and close friends. He will always be remembered as one of ours.

Also thanks to Alfred E.M. for posting the sad news.

Q

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't believe he had immediate family. He said (softly) a few times that his forum friends were his family, here and SSC. He bought, sold, traded, and gifted with people all over the world ... he especially enjoyed bombing you with unexpected surprise goodies. For many, he was an unpretentious wise man in overalls, kind as the day is long. Raise a toast to one of a kind.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts