Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot all about this one that I started that is not finished but completely functional and tonight was one of those rare nights where you are on fire and it is almost like you just can't miss!!! Love when that happens! Just wish it were more often!lol it's a great little shooter tho!
f71126be6998d26c0894ae225be0d928.jpg
b2ed5240d44bba18259fa20300a5397b.jpg
564f98533eda584ee9dfccf0d85d4db2.jpg

Not sure what the wood is but it's really strong. Shot it with cheap Walmart resistance bands and little pebbles that are outside my work. The bands performed a lot better than I expected!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good just as it is and I too have used the Walmart greys,they aren't bad :)
I am VERY surprised at how long they last. They don't perform quite as well as TB or others however they have been lasting longer on average and I am getting probably at least 40% more shots on each set before they start tearing. I am thoroughly impressed with the longevity! Great elastic for the money

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,189 Posts
I am conflicted to be honest!lol I really like how it looks but am also curious how it cleans up! I reckon my curiosity is probably going to win lol that and one fork is BARELY wider than the other and I already know that is going to drive me nuts until I even them out!
I couldn't stand it and agree with Devil's Son In Law, as I'd have to sand it, polish it up just to see that grain, LOL. I am ALL about the grain on naturals.

Awesome looking little frame though, nice job.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am conflicted to be honest!lol I really like how it looks but am also curious how it cleans up! I reckon my curiosity is probably going to win lol that and one fork is BARELY wider than the other and I already know that is going to drive me nuts until I even them out!
I couldn't stand it and agree with Devil's Son In Law, as I'd have to sand it, polish it up just to see that grain, LOL. I am ALL about the grain on naturals.

Awesome looking little frame though, nice job.
Haha agreed!!! Cheers!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have never seen those bands in Walmart. Do you have a box that you can take a picture of? Would like to start trying those out.
09ad2b3d580502057729aacda788e3e0.jpg

I don't have the box anymore but managed to find a picture of it! SPRI is the brand. Just $9.99 at my local Walmart near Houston Texas! I personally have not used them for hunting but so far they are great for target shooting and plinking around so I can conserve my higher end latex for hunting. The orange is a bit thin but works great for my kids. Both the blue(medium) and silver(heavy) are good! I do wish they sold them separately as well, but for $10 I really can't complain lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts