Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my old buddy's (Skip) gave me a black walnut plank bout a year ago, said it was from the back loading dock at his grandmothers gun shop little over 100 yr ago, he inherited Alla the stuff bout 50 yr ago, and still got most of it, well anyway he gave me this nasty ol plank bout 1 1/4 thick, I been working on it off and on for month or so finally made a black walnut Chalice, (love them Chalises), here it is put some red Precise tapered 1 to 1/2 , 9 in long, Chinese fiber pouch, used krylon finish bout 8 coats then rubbed it out, I really like it, shoots like all Chalises do, real good, lotta work but turned out right decent.
I certainly do appreciate the custom builders on this forum,these guys around here are certainly talented, Like, Joey, Drew, Lordy so many and soooooooo much talent, thanks to all the custom guys and the fine manufactures, fine bunch of people

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,680 Posts
Great job Bud! You made Dayhiker proud! ( The Chalice was Dayhikers original design- and a great one it is! )

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Great job Bud! You made Dayhiker proud! ( The Chalice was Dayhikers original design- and a great one it is! )
I agree and I never got to even tall to Dayhiker. I am am of his designs...

And 100 year bit of fine lumber/history...tough call what to make with such a treasure.

Bam! Excellent choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts