Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys,

I am sure some of you know by now that I am really new to slingshots. I am planning on taking my slingshot to my girlfriends house to a family gathering to get brownie some points and let her cousins play with it(highly supervised of course(they are kind of young)).

The house is out in the woods and I am not sure if we can build a place to shoot and catch steel rounds. This would mean that steel rounds would be lost forever also that we would only have less that 120 shots. So I did some thinking and came up with the idea of trying peanut M&M's. I say trying because I am writing this late at night and can't give it a shot now.... I will tomorrow morning. The M&Ms will have to be frozen for this to work best I would think.

Does anyone know of any other cheep food product that can be bought in bulk and used as organic slingshot ammo??

Robirt55

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
skittles work great, and rocks, the more round the better, bio-degradable air soft rounds

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
He guys,

I am sure some of you know by now that I am really new to slingshots. I am planning on taking my slingshot to my girlfriends house to a family gathering to get brownie some points and let her cousins play with it(highly supervised of course(they are kind of young)).

The house is out in the woods and I am not sure if we can build a place to shoot and catch steel rounds. This would mean that steel rounds would be lost forever also that we would only have less that 120 shots. So I did some thinking and came up with the idea of trying peanut M&M's. I say trying because I am writing this late at night and can't give it a shot now.... I will tomorrow morning. The M&Ms will have to be frozen for this to work best I would think.

Does anyone know of any other cheep food product that can be bought in bulk and used as organic slingshot ammo??

Robirt55
i will both move it for you and suggest dried peas, seeds, be environmentally friendly. have fun, band it light for the younguns!

·
Super Genius
336 Posts
i use sixlets from time to time.. they are a little soft, so i freeze them and they work great!! welcome to the obsession, from now on everything you see will be a slingshot or ammo

·
Super Genius
336 Posts
also, if you have limited ammo, try building a catch box, similar to this one
it took about $15 dollars and 15 minute to build

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
Hard, round candy ... buy in bulk. It is cheap and biodegradable. And it has enough mass to give you a reasonable range without going wonky in the air. But rocks are very cheap and pretty easy to come by.

Hang a sheet or blanket over a clothes line or rope between a couple of trees as a backstop.

Cheers ..... Charles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.