Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen if someone invents a machine gun slingshot and fires at a chicken? This scenario is simulated here, with a conventional homemade slingshot and a supermarket chicken.

The machine gun effect is simulated by editing the shots down to ten frames each, so that it looks like the whole 49 hits happened in just 20 seconds.

The 1,99 Euro supermarket chicken is torn to shreds, a spectactular and somewhat disgusting video - brought to you by The Slingshot Channel!

DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU CAN'T SEE FOOD DESTROYED

Jörg

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Wow Joerg,
That reminded me of an old Saturday Night Live video called the
"Bass-O-Matic!!!"

I couldn't find the original with Dan Akroyd.... Oh well better than nothin' I guess...

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I'm sure Joerg will be the first to make a full auto slingshot........

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was a lot of editing! BTW this is not a time lapse, the hits are still real time. I just cut down every shot to exactly 10 frames = 416 ms (just under half a second per shot). So the "firing rate" of this virtual machine gun slingshot is 144 shots per minute. That is very comparable to the firing rate of an original Gatling gun.

In reality, it took me about 15 minutes, including a small band repair (retying the pouch attachment) and two re-hangings of the bird.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm glad to see adults still delighting in play. "What would happen if I tried this???" As long as it doesn't progress to the Darwin Award stage of when you start hollerin' "Hey Bubba, watch THIS!!!" That's when people need to run away. And quickly.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and wanted to investigate what a firecracker would do under a pile of dog poop. Well, I'll tell you, it flies much further, and faster, and in many more directions than I would have ever imagined! Even if we had YouTube back in those days, I don't think I would have posted that video of my embarassing experiment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.