Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I ordered a slingshot in the mail but it still hasn't showed up, so I decided to make a couple of my own. I used walnut and poplar with dowels on both and a brass sheet on the pfs.

I'm sorry I don't know the names of who may have come up with these designs. I just looked at pictures I liked and drew my ideas on the wood.
Brown Wood Art Fawn Flooring

Hand Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory

Wood Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist

Hand Wood Finger Pipe wrench Tool

Wood Art Sculpture Hardwood Flooring

Hand Plant Wood Gesture Tree

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Welcome! If you are making such nice frames you may just want to cancel your order, those are beauties! I found my way here several years ago after enjoying wrist rockets as a kid then rediscovering all this a few decades later. Hope you enjoy the forum and keep making great frames.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all of your replies, you've all been very encouraging.

I did cancel the slingshot I had ordered. I thought maybe I should try one that was made "right", that's why I ordered it in the first place.

I haven't tried the ott I made yet. I threw a couple of #64 rubber bands on the bone pfs and I've been pretty successful so far (1 out of every 10 shots) hitting my targets with bbs. Also banged it up a bit with fork hits. I'm sure I'll improve with time.

Thanks again for all of your supportive comments!

White Dress Sleeve Beige Grey

Wood Tool Art Bicycle part Metal

Wood Hardwood Table Plywood Metal

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts