Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Nice man, Theyre fun for slinging bbs with lol.

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

Reactions: Tag and MakoPat

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Last month I made bids on spinners and ended up with five (5) of them for .31 cents each with free shipping. Been having so much fun with them that I have not gotten around to banding one of them up. I even have the plugs to use with them.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
S'good work. I like those... very pocketable.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
745 Posts
I know it's not the first one that's been done but it still the first slingshot that I myself can't say that I made. Total cost without the bands was $1.66.
12c3add907190b78429b2cb528f2d832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the Ocularis plugs fit just by removing the bearings or must the holes be modified. I've seen that exact spinner on eBay and have been considering doing the same thing. I have lots of extra plugs and I can make whatever band set I like. I think the price for them in the USA as buy it now is around $5. Well worth it if the plugs fit without modifications.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They aren't bearings in this one. They are weights that look like bearings. The plugs are .50$ silicone plugs from Home Depot. I have another one that I'm going to try ocularis with. Here's the finished product btw.
ae3a39724d1c3a10d4a75c2fa8b10e20.jpg

·
Registered
745 Posts
They aren't bearings in this one. They are weights that look like bearings. The plugs are .50$ silicone plugs from Home Depot. I have another one that I'm going to try ocularis with. Here's the finished product btw.
ae3a39724d1c3a10d4a75c2fa8b10e20.jpg

Have you tried driving the weights out to see if Ocularis plugs will work. I already have silicone plugs but I would like to use Ocularis plugs. If not can you measure the diameter of the aluminum hole only. If is very close to 3/4" they should work with the weights removed and Ocularis plugs installed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Last month I made bids on spinners and ended up with five (5) of them for .31 cents each with free shipping. Been having so much fun with them that I have not gotten around to banding one of them up. I even have the plugs to use with them.
JR,

Are the spinners you have the same model Wignorant has and if so can you measure the diameter of the hole in the aluminum. Not the weight but the aluminum. If it is close to 3/4" I would be pressing the weights out and using Ocularis plugs.

·
Registered
745 Posts
JR,

Are the spinners you have the same model Wignorant has and if so can you measure the diameter of the hole in the aluminum. Not the weight but the aluminum. If it is close to 3/4" I would be pressing the weights out and using Ocularis plugs.
Never mind. I already found my answer. Even if the weights or bearings are removed the holes are too large for Ocularis plugs. I have something else in mind now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts