Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did this core a year or so ago definitely not my best cut out but what do ya do .I have a bud that I gave a natural fork to and he loves it so I figured this core will get him really going and a side that I had some 2 part epoxy that said 1 minute working time so before I try it on a good core I wanted to see how it worked for me I got lucky at the dollar store and found a little bamboo cutting board I went back to get one more so I could get it running the other way but my luck all gone .I punched a hole I kinda the middle for a rivet and used a small piece of copper tube for a lanyard hole the recycle frame I don’t have much invested into it a little glue and a 1.25 board but I bet ya he will love it .I gave it a go yesterday and seems fine maybe a bit chunky but he is a bigger fella in time if he wants it shaped better I will do it for him .Thanks for looking ????????

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good looks and shread a lishous . Tough lookin shooter there buddy. He'll love it!
How in the world are you cuttn that stainless steel?
Thanks bud well cutting it is a pain but less pain than aluminum just mark it out and go at it with a 4 inch grinder with a thin sliding disk them disks don't make a lot of heat and burn off your marks than put a blending disk on and chew off the rest it works good but will take your line off so don't go to far into it than clean of mark remark do it again buy than u should be close now the cup is a pain but chew out as much as u can with the slit disk than go to a die grinder with a carbide chew it down more but use the lube for stainless cutting and do not take a big cut u will kill a 50 dollar carbide than switch to a flap disk on die grinder and rip around frame it will even it up get the nasty marks out drilling u need a good bit and lube and the right speed on drill press or u will not be using that bit long lol it sounds crazy but it's not bad goes fast or use the plasm and get it close like that this frame the stainless was not as thick as yours so goes pretty easy

·
Mojave Mo
5,149 Posts
Good looks and shread a lishous . Tough lookin shooter there buddy. He'll love it!
How in the world are you cuttn that stainless steel?
Thanks bud well cutting it is a pain but less pain than aluminum just mark it out and go at it with a 4 inch grinder with a thin sliding disk them disks don't make a lot of heat and burn off your marks than put a blending disk on and chew off the rest it works good but will take your line off so don't go to far into it than clean of mark remark do it again buy than u should be close now the cup is a pain but chew out as much as u can with the slit disk than go to a die grinder with a carbide chew it down more but use the lube for stainless cutting and do not take a big cut u will kill a 50 dollar carbide than switch to a flap disk on die grinder and rip around frame it will even it up get the nasty marks out drilling u need a good bit and lube and the right speed on drill press or u will not be using that bit long lol it sounds crazy but it's not bad goes fast or use the plasm and get it close like that this frame the stainless was not as thick as yours so goes pretty easy
I had to sit down after just reading that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.