Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is made out of 3/4 inch plywood 24 in x 6 in ( 51 cents at homedepot , rescued from the cull bin)

bands are red tapered tubes (marksman brand ithink)

attachment is kink and tied to 550 paracord tied to the fork with 2 office 64 rubber bands per side.

ramps are teflon doughnut from my kids toy car cut in half and screwed in from under neath.

handle is a mahogony 2x4 patterned from a crosman 2240 airpistol grip.

arm cushion is foam salvaged from packing material.

yesterday , I tried shooting it, hits very very hard and shoots fast and flat but about 6 inches low. couldnt hit a thing with it. the pouch it came with is way too thick and stiff.

I was getting some vicious finger slaps so I screwed and gooped on a handshield made of plastic. its dark outside, I shot a handful of marbles after fitting the handshield and seems to do the trick , no more knuckle slaps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks DH,

I hope flat bands will work better, dont have any spares right now but that will be the next step in the experiment.
these red tubes were on a crosman wire frame and they felt a bit too long for that.

my hand was smarting after yesterdays test run so I put it away till I fashioned a hand guard. gonna try tomorrow.

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Make sure all of the corners are smooth around the tips and your bands will last longer. They will break near the pouch anyway, because that is where the bands slap the tips of any slingshot. -- Tex

Reactions: kasperthelost
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.