Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first band sets yesterday. The first OTT 20mm and TTF 15-10mm sets seemed to be fiddly and take an age to do. Tried again this morning and it seemed like second nature and was problem free.

Yesterday i also made a bench jig for making band sets on. It's a great tool - will post a picture of it shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Like the jig. As always the first ones are the biggest hurdle and they really do get quicker to make and with less effort. Then you can start experimenting with different ways of tieing the pouch, square knot; wrap and tuck; constrictor knot; double constrictor knot; all sorts of ways and adds to the pleasure lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like the jig. As always the first ones are the biggest hurdle and they really do get quicker to make and with less effort. Then you can start experimenting with different ways of tieing the pouch, square knot; wrap and tuck; constrictor knot; double constrictor knot; all sorts of ways and adds to the pleasure lol
Cheers. I'll look up those other knots. Just used wrap and tuck at the moment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The jig was a doddle to make. The 1 inch vices were from ebay and were only a couple of pounds each

1 - 11 of 11 Posts