Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bunch of leather scraps so I decided to make some pouches. Some of the leather is very soft and supple, but stretches very easily. I laminated two pieces together and they are working very well. Have a bunch of shots on the first one and no signs of separation. Came across some inexpensive canvas and laminated it to a piece of the leather. This looks very promising. I put these together as a test set, so they are quickly cut out and won't be winning any beauty contests, but seem to be working well. I will have to settle on a design once they prove to hold up.
FYI I am using a glue from E6000 (which is messy but awesome stuff) called Fabri Fuse. This stuff works! So far my tests have shown that once bonded, it you try to separate the pieces, the glue will hold but the material itself will have to split and tear away and the glue joint holds. It is also super flexible and UV resistant.
canvpouch.jpeg

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
2,457 Posts
I've been cutting pouches for years, but haven't tried laminating.

Your's look fine. I don't try for rounded corners. I cut rectangles with the rotary cutter, then snip off the four corners. They work!

Thanks for the tip on the glue you are using.

This may be the inspiration to experiment with some thin, stretchy leather I've had idling for a couple years!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are your pouch dimensions and what ammo are shooting?
They are a touch under 3" by 1". I am using them with 1/2" marbles. I also shoot 3/8 steel, but haven't tried those with them yet. I made smaller pouches for the 3/8 with a size based on some GZK pouches it recently received.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts