Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I've been primarily shooting .177 BB's lately. Typically I just dump a handful of ammo into my back pocket and fish it out as I go, but those BB's are hard to fish out! I spend more time hunting for my next shot than actually shooting. Another method (tried and quickly abandoned) was to pop 6-10 behind my lip like chaw and spit them out. But it's gross and I swallowed one so... next plan.

I've never used magnets for ammo, but thought I'd give it a go. I've got a couple random ones hanging around and wanted to fabricate some sort of necklace. I could pop 30+ BB's on there and grab them one after another! So far the simplest method I could think of was using a donut magnet and throwing a leather string on it. I've seen some magnets attached to frames, but I'm not a big fan of having stuff handing off my handles, so I'm gonna try and go another direction (but you can always change my mind).

What sort of magnetic ammo holders are you using (necklace or otherwise)? I'd love to see what everyone else has come up with and use it as inspiration as I try to organize my ammo. Any and all recommendations, pictures and tips are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go to any computer repair shop. Ask for magnets from a hard drive they've disassembled, those magnets come really sheap and they are srtong as hell! mine carries 3/8 steel ammo, about 30 tp 35 at a time. I left mine with the metal piece it came with and tied a piece of paracord to it, that's just my taste... you can add a keyring to it and it will do well

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to any computer repair shop. Ask for magnets from a hard drive they've disassembled, those magnets come really sheap and they are srtong as hell! mine carries 3/8 steel ammo, about 30 tp 35 at a time. I left mine with the metal piece it came with and tied a piece of paracord to it, that's just my taste... you can add a keyring to it and it will do well
Great tip! I know a guy who runs one, so I'll be sure to see what I can get.

Reactions: KawKan and skarrd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Throw a strong magnet into your pocket. Stick the ammo to it through your pants. Holds better than you might think.
View attachment 354389
I got some magnets from Amazon plastic coated, stitched a leather cover over the top punched an eyelet in the top then hang it around the neck with paracord.
Magnet Expert 30 x 15 x 5mm thick Black Epoxy Coated N42 Neodymium Magnet - 10.1kg Pull ( Pack of 1 )
They are extremely strong for the size :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.