Slingshots Forum banner

Magnets and ammo anyone?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Kottonmouth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Portboy has been making some sick ammo holders (smart to cover the magnets...they're brittle). I was inspired to make a post in the same groove.

I make similar ammo clips for belt loops or shirt pocket button holes and pinkie lanyards. I need to make some with covers...less chance of breakage and quieter for all you hunters.

Depending on the size of the shot I like to keep 5 to 10 on my flip for active shots...the rest on my clips. I made several different types...I have no names. So pics instead.

I got all my magnets from Amazon. The 10mm are great for 3 together in a stacked single strand holder. I use the 12mm in single flat holders...and 1 on a loop behind a button knot on my Scout LT.

I hope the pics help someone...and I will try to do a better job of explaining when I have more sleep & time.

Carry on, slingshot family.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
When I was a teacher magnets were a fun hands on set of lessons. I mean they're kind of like magic.

Always these lessons went long...because the play time portion and question/answer portion are so fun.

Then we made electricity! Now know what I do about the science of elastics and tying that to energy...I could have really got lost in some lessons.

#6 ·
Very cool things u r doing m8 really like the rattle snake tail ones ????????And ya your right about the brittle part not so much on the fresh ones but some of the ones I have salvaged and I knicked with cut off wheel have busted on me very strange alloys .another thing maybe not everyone knows is old hard drives from computers have a good one in them so if u have electronic dump boxes have a look for old towers peel out the drive freebe magnets

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.