Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been grinding and sanding on one of my aluminum frames off and on this week, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. I sand a little then I shoot a little. I have old people’s issues with my hands, so Im trying to make it as comfortable as I can. It’s been a lot of fun forming this slingshot. It’s definitely not pretty???? but it’s definitely getting more comfortable. I have slingshots that are amazingly comfortable, but I just wanted to shape one especially for me???? I’m not a competitor, I just enjoy plinking with slingshots.v

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I can relate. I don't grind metal frames but my own boardcuts get reshaped many times. Oh, I did grind the edges on my steel pincher frame. My problem is the old thumb. Smooth surfaces with lots of rollover are needed. Also, can't stretch the hand too wide for long periods. Last year I also started having wrist problems from flipping too much (repetitive strain injury).

I'm finding the hammer-pinch frame to be the most comfortable for my old hand. No over-stretching hand, low forks for less wrist strain, straight wrist, no flip, points naturally, good accuracy.

·
Premium Member
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn’t go for beautiful, I went for comfort I would shoot for awhile, and when a spot on my hand started feeling pressure, I sanded it. I’ve shot off and on all afternoon, and no small area pressure points. Thanks for taking time to see what I feel is an awesome slingshot for a great price.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
I've been grinding and sanding on one of my aluminum frames off and on this week, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. I sand a little then I shoot a little. I have old people's issues with my hands, so Im trying to make it as comfortable as I can. It's been a lot of fun forming this slingshot. It's definitely not pretty but it's definitely getting more comfortable. I have slingshots that are amazingly comfortable, but I just wanted to shape one especially for me I'm not a competitor, I just enjoy plinking with slingshots.v
You're an ambassador!

·
Premium Member
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone Hey Ole Beanflip❤ If I ever get my video camera back I will make a video‍♂

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I can relate. I don't grind metal frames but my own boardcuts get reshaped many times. Oh, I did grind the edges on my steel pincher frame. My problem is the old thumb. Smooth surfaces with lots of rollover are needed. Also, can't stretch the hand too wide for long periods. Last year I also started having wrist problems from flipping too much (repetitive strain injury).

I'm finding the hammer-pinch frame to be the most comfortable for my old hand. No over-stretching hand, low forks for less wrist strain, straight wrist, no flip, points naturally, good accuracy.
You should contact Dan Hood and see if you can work a deal for the slingshot he designed for me. I have the same problem dealing with a weaker hand.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I've been grinding and sanding on one of my aluminum frames off and on this week, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. I sand a little then I shoot a little. I have old people's issues with my hands, so Im trying to make it as comfortable as I can. It's been a lot of fun forming this slingshot. It's definitely not pretty but it's definitely getting more comfortable. I have slingshots that are amazingly comfortable, but I just wanted to shape one especially for me I'm not a competitor, I just enjoy plinking with slingshots.v
I had to redo the aluminum Beanflip I purchased. Granted, my builder tendencies can be like OCD but it is sure a whole lot more comfortable. So much so that several who have used it have offered to buy it from me. I haven't sold it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts