Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting around 600 rounds on a set of 17-45 tubes I noticed they had rub marks from the ears on my pretzel slingshot I made recently. I just used emery cloth when I made it, so I got me some 220 grit sand paper and sanded the ears some more. Thought I would share this in case others do the same as I did. Looks like the ears need to be very smooth to lengthen the life of the rubber where it contacts the metal. Think I'll do some finer polishing with my dremel using jewels' rouge. That high polish on the Dankungs serves a function.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
500 rounds is not that bad anyway
. I believe the open loop concept of dankungs make this thiny powerfull cinese elastics last rearly long. I have still not been able to break one pair apart. I too use to inspect the ears of my cattyes with a strong magnifier glass and in case polish them mirrorshape with my dremel and some jewelry compound on a soft cloth's wheel.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enjoy how we all teach each other and appreciate your sentiments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.