Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been spending weekends at our place in Nacogdoches. My tools, slingshot stuff and most importantly, my ammo trap are in Mexia. I have been looking for a 30 or 55 gal plastic drum to make another trap. No luck.
We have a garden wagon with a dump bed which got me thinking. I bought a 1/4” and 3/16” steel rod and drilled two 1/4” holes and two 3/16” holes in the sides of the wagon. The 1/4” rod up at the front of the bed and down about halfway will hold the catch material (it is in Mexia of course). The 3/16” rod is closer to the top of the bed and about 1/3 down from the front of the bed. I will still need to bolt in a small board to stop the ammo from rolling out the bottom.
The wagon is completely useful by removing the two rods. Minimal investment and I hope a pretty good trap.
Building Automotive tire Wood Grey Wall

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Electrical wiring Wood Gas Technology Public utility

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried it out and had one problem with a target I made out of a big silicon spoon from Walmart. When I hit the spoon target, it spun nicely but as it slowed, it would send the projectile back at me. Easy fix, reversed the direction of the spoon so it couldn’t capture the projectile. Should have thought of that before installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts