Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie received my 2 new SlingShots today the Scout XT and the Axiom Ocularis.

My first was a little OTT Chinese Job I got myself for Christmas, I thought I was going to want to shoot TTF with the new SlingShots. But after trying them like that I decided OTT seems to work better for me, maybe just because that is the way I started.

Didn't really care for the Black bands that came with the SimpleShots. The Chinese came with 10 sets of bands but the pouches are tiny so I improvised a band clamping jig and switched to some larger pouches that I received from raventree78.

I received a great package from raventree78 this morning with a large assortment of pouches, 2 types of latex for making bands, and some survival bracelets, So cool! and generous, Thank You! raventree78!

I am liking the SimpleShot SlingShots better with the lighter bands and before long was shooting good with both of them and even managed to cut a can with the Scout XT.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jhm, Screw those smaller spring clamps to your blocks of wood and attach the blocks to a small board and then you've got a portable banding jig and you can hang those bar clamps back in the garage.

I like your progress so far, keep at it and those can cuts come much quicker!! :target: :target: :target:
Yes. That is the plan, I was just in a hurry to change pouches yesterday.

Premium Member
Ravertree has some seriously enviable knottery skills.

Hahaha...that one got me good. Coffee spat.

You are well on the path, JHM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.