Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got a oil and harpix infused wood that i want to turn into a slot in grip for my new wire frame. I need to pick the brain of this forum so i dont ruin it from the start. So how do i make right? Any input before i start is very welcome.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Tree Plywood
Wood Font Wood stain Hardwood Audio equipment

\Uba

Autocorrect in topic head, its making not maling.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Practice makes perfect....Well, maybe not perfect....BUT..... IMHO I would try making a handle from a cheap, soft wood before you "ruin" your nice piece of wood - You might wan to give some thought to a 3 piece laminated handle....cut a piece for the center the thickness of the wire and then glue 2 pieces of your good wood to the center piece....might save you some time and some grief! Just a couple of hopefully, helpful possibilities form an Old Iowan :what: :hmm: ;)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Grampa Grumpy has the info you need he did one similar. The handle squeezed inside.
I just cut a groove the same width as the rod down each side. Mine was 1/4" and the saw blade on my table saw made a 1/8" kerf so I had to saw it twice to get 1/4" . I set the saw to cut the depth of the rod - 1/4" in my case. So basically I made a groove 1/4 X 1/4 down each side of the wood. By making careful measurements the handle fits tight enough that it doesn't move. Friction holds it in place. Here is a video showing how the handle on my Daisy slips on and off.

As Old Iowan said practice on some common wood before trying the exotic wood.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ty to all of you, this ist the best forum ever, just the input i needed :bowdown: . I got som wood that i can practice on first. ill make a template before i start my prepped wood.

/Uba

1 - 5 of 5 Posts