1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed, that does rather overstep the mark.

In most of Europe, slingshots are regarded as "dangerous objects", i.e. you should not be carrying one in town without a valid reason, as police can confiscate it - but that's all that would happen.

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
The fact that the cougar was that close to him in broad daylight is scarry enough. We had a 350lbs brown bear here last night that tried to get into the back of my truck. The wife scarred it off while I was out taking the bag of garbage from the back of my truck to the bear proof trash dumpster. So then, it came up on the deck, right to the front door a half hour later... Frigging idiots keep feeding the animals around here and letting them think that they are safe in other peoples yards, while domesticating them some, but had it been a cougar, that close, during the day, I would have had to put it down... no question there. Bears are basically big kids that love getting into mischief, harmless mostly unless they get too domesticated... But cougars are simply killing machines and not to be taken lightly. I've only had a few friendly encounters with cougars over the years, but most of the time, I've caught them in the act of stalking the neighbors animals and scarred them off with a shot to the ground in front of them. Fortunately for me, the animals take one look at me and run in terror usually...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.