Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Horrible hate it 馃あ and that's not walnut 馃槒馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憣馃憤馃憡馃幆
Mission complete I was hoping ya turn green looking at it 馃榿 and your right it鈥檚 not walnut it鈥檚 actually black walnut haha 馃き thanks brother. You like black walnut trees there loaded with squirrels 馃惪 in the fall

Premium Member
Mission complete I was hoping ya turn green looking at it 馃榿 and your right it鈥檚 not walnut it鈥檚 actually black walnut haha 馃き thanks brother. You like black walnut trees there loaded with squirrels 馃惪 in the fall
馃ぃ馃憡馃幆馃憣 Well what was the chances of you doing black walnut and me doing a TTF NLS in 15mm birch ply with 5mm black walnut veneer 馃槀馃幆馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憣

Attachments

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
馃ぃ馃憡馃幆馃憣 Well what was the chances of you doing black walnut and me doing a TTF NLS in 15mm birch ply with 5mm black walnut veneer 馃槀馃幆馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩馃憣
That鈥檚 a beautiful frame 馃槏 nice job 馃憤 I have alot black walnut on my block I collect up fallen forks as much as I can but nothing big . If someone cuts one down people buy it up fast for big cash .
Green Guitar accessory Wood Wood stain String instrument accessory

Premium Member
Thanks buddy 馃幆馃憡馃憣. I have access to tons of well seasoned air dried oversized forks but it's really just oak , silver birch and Hawthorn 90% of the time and occasionally a cherry or apple. I could source more exotic types no problem like but the tons of the 3 above are free easily accessible at any time and I know exactly how long it's been drying and that it's dried properly 馃挭馃馃憣馃幆馃憡.but as of the next couple of days I'm just going to polyurethane this lot and finish these 2 PFS NLS (also birch ply with black oak veneer) oil then polyurethane them then that's me done making and building cattys until after the new year .I'm spending every minute I'm not drunk or eating hunting with my catty and or my lurcher (BOSS) 馃憡馃幆馃憣馃馃悋馃惪馃馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now you're talking my language! Nice one! I love 'em all but actually shoot the smaller ones better. A 60mm fork width is perfect for my shooting style.
I have made a few them but never a big one just curious at how it will shoot for me . Cool thing about this frame is we have logs all over lots material not like looking for the perfect forks . I also wanted to try this new style of conus see how it jives with me . Thanks bud 馃榿

1 - 20 of 22 Posts