Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Had a piece of very slightly spalted Maple in the shed so I hooked it up with a 3/8" Aluminum frame. Cut a chunk, split it, formed out the shape of the frame in both halves,roughed up the faces,wet the wood,loaded it up with Gorilla glue,set overnight,then started working her today. I've done this type before for a guy with Arthritis who wanted a thick,pistol style grip. This one is for me. Lot of carving and sanding but hopefully it will work out nicely. Here are some early pics of the ongoing project! Flatband

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Nice, looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'd be making some real big bands to tie off to those trees in the yard. You'd have a genuine ACME slingshot then ;P .

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we finished up that Aluminum -Wood mix and she feels great- of course the real test is when you shoot them and I didn't get a chance yet. I knew the wood was Maple but didn't realize until I sealed her that she had some Curl. Love that! Got a set of folded tapered .030" Latex bands on her-1 1/2" x 7/8" x 6 1/2" so she is going to have some spped on those 1/2" steel balls. Can't wait-but have too,it's dark! Flatband

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Nice! It's like those Dankungs in construction, but all your own style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts