Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again! This one is made from a flattened maple natty with walnut palm swells. I cut the fork down on the band saw. I cut the shape out with a scroll saw and rounded the edges on a table router. I added the palm swells and then roughly shaped them on the table saw. After more shaping and lots of sanding, I finished it with tung oil and paste wax. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,404 Posts
Hey again! This one is made from a flattened maple natty with walnut palm swells. I cut the fork down on the band saw. I cut the shape out with a scroll saw and rounded the edges on a table router. I added the palm swells and then roughly shaped them on the table saw. After more shaping and lots of sanding, I finished it with tung oil and paste wax. Thanks for looking!
Very nicely done Drew..............I see some nice looking worm holes that are just begging for some inlaid Turquoise dust, LOL.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nicely done Drew..............I see some nice looking worm holes that are just begging for some inlaid Turquoise dust, LOL.
Thanks Darrell! Ooh, I bet that would look sweet! :)

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
So pretty! Good stuff to see. Hey Drew, we should meet at Winell Lee's and dig through their scrap pile! It is so nice in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts