Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just micro-drying this twig that i found in the Woods. Its a about 1 year old i guess. I want to stabelize it but my normal oil wont do it here. What do you guys use. I got a vac-chamber that i use for my oil. Can i thin out some glue or something? Food Tableware Dishware Wood Ingredient

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Just micro-drying this twig that i found in the Woods. Its a about 1 year old i guess. I want to stabelize it but my normal oil wont do it here. What do you guys use. I got a vac-chamber that i use for my oil. Can i thin out some glue or something? IMG_20200411_150834.jpg
I think most people use something called "cactus juice" to stabilize slingshots. I think it is epoxy that has been thinned down, but might be wrong. If you Google cactus juice you can probably find out more about it.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
What GG said. Also you might try a zip lock bag. Insert fork, zip, nuke, remove from bag, wipe bag out free of moisture, redo etc.

You are just trying to drive the moisture out. Looks to me like you are all set. I think that you could stabilize it now with your vac chamber and BLO. Leave it in there a day or so. Shut it down leave a day or so. Wipe outside and let dry for a few days.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the advise. Been cutting and filing and the wood looks very solid. Im using something called liberion finishing oil. It got harpiks in it and if left open to air turns quite solid. Im trying that this time too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts