Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is one I've been meaning to post for a while now. Made this tiny turtle from a deadwood maple fork. I flattened the fork on the bandsaw, then cut the frame out with a scroll saw. I noticed a weak looking area and a bit of force snapped one of the forks right off. Not one to be defeated, I glued the fork back on and its stronger than ever before. I rounded the whole thing and sanded away. Finished with tung oil and paste wax. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Drew, I am in stark awe of your work. We should get coffee or lunch some time... and I promise I will not harrass you about visiting your shop. I might try to buy some of your burlap micarta or a lesson on making it.

Edit- I have some aluminium I am working into a T.Turtle... for trail shooting. I am afraid of losing the frames Port Boy made. And I am more confident when I sling on aluminium frame. Foek hits happen.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Drew, I am in stark awe of your work. We should get coffee or lunch some time... and I promise I will not harrass you about visiting your shop. I might try to buy some of your burlap micarta or a lesson on making it.
Edit- I have some aluminium I am working into a T.Turtle... for trail shooting. I am afraid of losing the frames Port Boy made. And I am more confident when I sling on aluminium frame. Foek hits happen.
I hate fork hits! I would have to repair fork hits almost as much as I have to repair my car. That is the main reason I went ForkLess ;-) I do have a answer that may help a lot of people. But that's coming soon. Happy slinging!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I hate fork hits! I would have to repair fork hits almost as much as I have to repair my car. That is the main reason I went ForkLess ;-) I do have a answer that may help a lot of people. But that's coming soon. Happy slinging!
Oh man! I cannot wait.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you Patrick. I agree that we should absolutely get together sometime. It's not all forum members that live so close to each other like we do. :) Look forward to seeing your aluminum turtle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.