Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an amazing deal on marbles today. 1200 for $11.98 (no tax). That's less than a penny a piece. Haven't seen any even close to that price. I should be able to repeat the deal as well. It pays to ask nicely and I guess it doesn't hurt to be handsome and charming!:ROFLMAO:
Art Rectangle Petal Pattern Circle

Meet me on marble mountain!

Food Aqua Seedless fruit Produce Electric blue

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hi bud 👊🎯👌 .I see a few guys in the states using glass marbles as ammo. And the website I buy all my tru-oil and paper targets and knock down ones from .sells 6mm glass beads made buy milbro!!! they are in tins of 250 for £2.50 each Just out of curiosity do you or do you know of anyone who uses 6mm glass beads 🤷🎯👊 would be interesting to see the speed and distance that can be achieved with something so light 🎯👊👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Attachments

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi bud 👊🎯👌 .I see a few guys in the states using glass marbles as ammo. And the website I buy all my tru-oil and paper targets and knock down ones from .sells 6mm glass beads made buy milbro!!! they are in tins of 250 for £2.50 each Just out of curiosity do you or do you know of anyone who uses 6mm glass beads 🤷🎯👊 would be interesting to see the speed and distance that can be achieved with something so light 🎯👊👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍
They would likely be ok for short distance target shooting lime airsoft BBs and clay. They are super light and wouldn't think they would do well at longer ranges. I shoot 5/8(16mm) marbles that weigh the same as 7/16 steel, so they do well at longer ranges.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thats what I was thinking 🤔 like I see alot of people asking about setups and ammo for shooting indoors 🎯 just thought they could be a option 🤷🎯 and at a penny each 🤔🎯👊👍👌.I will stick with my 8.7mm and 9.5mm steels 🎯👊👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

·
See The Target
21,984 Posts
Got an amazing deal on marbles today. 1200 for $11.98 (no tax). That's less than a penny a piece. Haven't seen any even close to that price. I should be able to repeat the deal as well. It pays to ask nicely and I guess it doesn't hurt to be handsome and charming!:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 355086

Meet me on marble mountain!

View attachment 355087
Where did you get them ?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
That’s a heck of a score! I haven’t tried glass marbles yet, I think mostly due to the shatter factor, but it’s interesting that they weigh about the same as 7/16 steel. I suppose you could hunt with those then? At less than a penny a piece that’s very nice indeed.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s a heck of a score! I haven’t tried glass marbles yet, I think mostly due to the shatter factor, but it’s interesting that they weigh about the same as 7/16 steel. I suppose you could hunt with those then? At less than a penny a piece that’s very nice indeed.
Shane (Island Made) hunts with marbles quite a bit with deadly results. I haven't shattered one yet. They will start to lose little chips, but even then they never have any sharp edges and I just keep shooting them. I'm sure they will shatter if you hit a rock or something else hard. I try to avoid doing that.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Shane (Island Made) hunts with marbles quite a bit with deadly results. I haven't shattered one yet. They will start to lose little chips, but even then they never have any sharp edges and I just keep shooting them. I'm sure they will shatter if you hit a rock or something else hard. I try to avoid doing that.
Oh ok. Very cool. I’ll have to pick some up!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh to live on marble mountain.... really though you ammo grip or use a huge pouch, Ive only shot them ammo grip
Yup, I used to use a large soft leather pouch. I found that if you use a pouch that's too thick and stiff, things can get screwy with marbles. I've made a little modification to my ammo grip that is working perfectly.

I started using the traditional ammo pinch grip. That works perfectly for lighter, target shooting setups. But I like to practice with the same heavier setup that I would use in the field and I found that holding the marble is a lot more difficult, so I was having to move my fingertips more in front of the marble to hold it securely. I wasn't getting a clean release and would send an occasional one sideways.

Traditional Hai ammo grip:
Gesture Finger Thumb Wood Wrist

So now I hold the ammo with a more traditional pouch style grip and it works perfectly for me. The only drawback to this grip is that it limits how far back you draw. I come to a natural stop at about my shoulder. I lost about 10" from my regular long draw, but I shortened my active length by a couple inches and can't really see a difference in performance. A benefit is that I come to a natural stop point so I have a more consistent floating anchor. Take note in the picture that my hand is rotated 90 degrees towards the camera in order to show the grip and not how I would hold when actually shooting.

Hand Finger Hand tool Wood Stonemason's hammer

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
I still shoot them with larger leather Marksman pouch or one of Rayshots with the standard pouch hold. I'm still shooting the old used marbles from the marble bed air purifier where I used to work. I found a small box of them here in the attic... To think that I use to get marbles for free by the 50 gallon drum... and I've gone thru 3 drums... I've really lost my marbles... lol.
An old used marble thread -

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.