1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the master z bands
from (zdp) dan
i was so very fortunate to get a T1 from dan
an what a sweet shooter Glasses Goggles Vision care Sunglasses Eye glass accessory

can go on for days about it...
fortune has smiled on me again
got the z bands wow (sorry no pic)
the little red band that came with it
were way cool for short range plink n
these got a lot more bite whith almost
the same smooth draw as the little light ones
almost!! the cuts are flawless dan is on the ball
for sure cant see get anybeter than this
thanks dan wow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Thanks for your kind words. I put the red bands on to compensate for the potential weakness of the acrylic.

These bands should be fine as long as you don't pull to the elastic limit and inspect the frame and bands carefully if you have a fork hit. Don't scale up to bands the size of Hunter Bands.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dan
the red band were cool as could be
shooting in the hall of my house!! out side
was a little different for such light band
they packed a good punch i did not think
when i first pulled them that they would
harldy punch paper i was wrong way wrong
but now the jorge in me wonted more power lol

i thought that even with heaver band it would still
be a super sweet shooter
it rides so low in your hand it truly is like pointing
your finger
yea an for sure dont think it would live with a fork hit
that would hurt my feelings bad if i broke it
thanks dan you rock

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
its soo shiny!
I remember it was like a blob of black molasses glistening in the summer sun.

I made it in 1/2" or 5/8" black Perspex (acrylic) to demonstrate that non-traditional materials could be used to make slingshots, especially sheets of plastic. I considered the resins thin and brittle compared to steel. That's why the T1 has such low forks: to provide a short distance between the band attachment and the bracing point; and to avoid exposing the forks to fork hits as much as possible. I have since come to realise that plastics are probably at least as strong as wood and that the T1 was stronger than I thought. Though acrylic is more brittle than micarta that I normally use these days, this slingshot would quite likely be fine with Hunter Bands or more, but seeing as they are your eyes and not mine at risk, I'll not recommend a heavier draw than these bands.

You'd not gain much more from the heavier bands anyway. There are multiple laws of diminishing returns at work and I've cut all the fat out of the bandset.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
What are you using to achieve such a smooth finish? Reminds me of my days lapping CPUs and heat-sinks with glass-paper and diamond-paste, We'd have the copper bases literally looking like a mirror, with quality TIM 10C would literally be taken off the CPU's case temp' at max load - great for overclocking!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.