Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
In my experience, you will definitely get more power maxing them out.
Like Winnie stated, I cut my bands 11" active and stretch them till they don't stretch anymore. Also for the most power, don't hold your draw long. I shoot instinctive, I draw back my bands and as soon as I'm at full draw I release, all in one motion. This will give you much higher FPS

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
What does maxing out mean? I have some Theraband Gold. and I just took one band cut 11/4 inch wide 8 inches long and tried to pull it until it broke and I could not do it. There is a definite point where it gets WAY harder to pull but it will continue to stretch. to my uneducated slingshot mind "maxing out" would be the point at which the band is on the verge of breaking... I can't imagine having the horse power to pull two of these bands to the breaking point and still being able to pinch the pouch.
Maxing out just means you pull till the point you feel the bands don't want to stretch any more. Don't try to pull them past that point. I draw until I feel them "bottom out" than I release

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.