Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you max your bands out? I have a 32"/ 810mm draw and depending on band a 5/6" 135/150 mm active, this feels nice to shoot and it only has a couple of inches left to be totally maxed, I was told my active needs to be longer so that I'm shooting about 450%, this just feels like I'm not getting full potential from my bands, precise. 65 I'm getting 575% and bsb over 600%, any answers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by "max out". I draw around 60 inches until I feel the bands stop and then draw no more. By making out I mean drawing back to the elastic limit, if I lengthen my active, relaxed length but use the same anchor, my bands aren't fully stretched, I prefer drawing to there limit but some people say its better to not fully stretch

I have been shooting for years and i have never worried about elongation percentages.

This sport is abut having fun and hitting what you are shooting at and, for those who hunt, it's about delivering enough power to dispatch game. There are no rules. If you don't pull back all the way it doesn't matter except that you won't hit it as hard. Also keep in mind that drawing to full length does give you some consistency in power that you won't have if you are altering your draw length by not fully drawing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how I edited your reply there??
What I mean by maxing out is drawing back to full stretch, by cutting my active longer and using same anchor will mean less stretch, some people say you get more power if you are not fully maxed out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just getting the basics at the moment, maxed out certainly feels better and that's how I've been progressing, it was an "expert" pointed out I should not be maxing out that made me query this, I'll stick with what I'm doing, the grouping is getting tighter with every session, thanks for your comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.