Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a disadvantage maxing bands out, I'm getting very consistent over 10/15 metres, under 50mm grouping, not great but only two months in ????, my active is around 6 inches depending on band with a 32 inch draw, feels comfortable with not much stretch left, a band maker reckons I should be closer to 8 inch draw, 450% elongation, I've tried it but it feels to "soft" and doesn't seem to have the "punch", what are the opinions of full elongation or not?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is some opinion that fully maxed out actually creates a power drop, I don't have a chrony, I guage the power on the ability to punch through cans and level of drop over further distances, I'll work it out, for now I'll keep hunting with the PCP and 12 guage.....

·
Registered
826 Posts
I always max out my bands, whatever I am shooting, And also check my fps thru my crony, my speed very seldom will vary over 3fps shot to shot, in fact most times duplicate speeds.
So I figure at maxing out my draw must be the same since speeds are the same,,,,,,at least that's the way it works for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts