·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
File Name: MBBS by Hrawk
File Submitter: Hrawk
File Submitted: 23 Apr 2012
File Category: Slingshots

After Danny0663 making one of my old designs today, I thought I'd make up a PDF and share it with you all.

The main focus of this design was:
  • As simple as possible
  • Able to use a varied range of materials
  • Capable of taking any band type
  • Require minimal tools
  • Allow easy customisation
Let me introduce to you the [background=yellow]MBBS[/background] - Multi Band Budget Shooter

Click here to download this file

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
That one can be made by hand, Round head screws might be easier on bands. -- Tex

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that it is a very practical slingshot with good features ,Hrawk. But along with Tex-Shooter I could make a suggestion or two. The handle could be on an angle forward or to one side. And as it don't really have a front or back it would be a different configuration depending on which side you attach the bands. The leading edeges where the bands attataches could be rounded for less band wear. Hope that you don't mind as I am hardly ever satisfied with what I do. Keep it up as it adds to the sport. Take care, Robert Blair

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started making a new one. This time with some extra bling in the form of aluminium inlays up the handle and an aluminium butt cap.

Now with nice band friendly stainless button head hex drive screws!

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys. Usually I just bend up a bit of flat mild steel and throw them together with a very basic handle. This time I thought I'd put a bit of extra effort into it.

I thought the stainless ring was a great find. Turns it into a rather vicious impact weapon too if it ever had to be used as such.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Looks like its coming along great man! That would be awesome also in a pistol grip version...
I did one, with the same multi band theory except i used inter changeable ( door handles to be honest) knob to prong ie flat to tube attachments.. but i reckon yours is more practical..look forward to the end result

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
tubeshotubeshotubeshot!

·
Registered
186 Posts
grind the button-heads down so that nothing sticks out.

if those philips heads are woodscrews, how about replacing them with bolts that run the length of the handle? or instead of aluminum inlays how about rectangular tubing with wood on each side. I just don't like the wood screws.

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
grind the button-heads down so that nothing sticks out.

if those philips heads are woodscrews, how about replacing them with bolts that run the length of the handle? or instead of aluminum inlays how about rectangular tubing with wood on each side. I just don't like the wood screws.
Once the leather pads are added inside the clamps and the bands attached, the button head bolts sit perfectly flush.

I've used the 10gauge wood screws as that's what I had handy.

I've thought about a bolt running the full length of the handle but as yet have been unable to find a suitable one. I don't want to go much above 10 gauge due to the holes in the fork reducing strength. I have considered a solid rod through the handle and tapped to accept some countersunk machine bolts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

i didn't know about the leather.

will this work with the clamp pieces on the inside of the frame?

I sugested a tube because it will let you keep stuff inside. like the allen key to change the bands. or extra clamp pieces with small groves to hold tubes as well. so you can make this a multi rubber shooter. you can fill half of it up with something to make it a bit heavier.

good job

[/background]

1 - 20 of 52 Posts