Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
i made a bouple of board cut slingshots . i dont like them cause i missed up on aligning the holes in the handle and the bit went a lil wonky on me and made a bit of a mark on both, inside part of the forks . ive currently got one with tabs held in place by a screw, only cause i dont know if i want wide tabs or shoe string tabs (loops) . its birch with a linseed oil finish . the only thing i like about them is the finish and the color . i dont think i want to keep these. im planning on using these as my throw aways in case the shiite hits the fan . well heres a couple of pics for you to see my errors .

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look just fine to me!! It is easy to redo a finish. the biggest measure is do they shoot well? Some of my favorite shooters aint gonna win ant beauty contests!!!KEEP SHOOTIN!!
its not the finish, its the cut marks . the hand drill for some reason was moving on me . i think i was just a lil tired . i tried to sorta blend them in by sanding , it was worse than it is now as a final product . as fas as the shooting aspect goes- its very good . but im not attached to these cause i know i can do better .
im still undecided as to the style of tabs/loops i want , guess ill have to make more than just one since im planning on replacing these anyways . i should post these as my throw aways in that one throw away thread on the forum or just burn them
. low forks with tabs/loops agree with me .
thanks for the responses so far guys .

· "Mighty Can Smiter"
4,166 Posts
I will have to check these out at home, since photobucket is blocked at work

I am sure they are fine pieces of work, either way

Good Job in advance.... (hope you are not making a liar out of me )

LGD
You are lucky... I am not a liar... those are some fine shooters you got there... love the attachment set up.

LGD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.