Slingshots Forum banner

"Micro-Machine" Natural Slingshot

2K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Quercusuber 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Slingshot Forum friends!!!
Here's a latest work of mine. To say the truth, it took me only 2 hours to fully make this micro natural slingshot. Nevertheless, in spite of its small size, it has shot .177 BB's with authority.
It was finished with linseed oil and shellac.
The pictures shows it side by side with my SAK Alox pocket knife, to give a notion of its size.
It is so small, but sounds to me like a natural's replica. Hence, I've dubbed it the "Micro-Machine".
Hope you like it!!!
Cheers ...Q

*Click on the pictures for better view:
Wood Office supplies Knife Utility knife Tool
Twig Wood Finger Office supplies Jewellery
Wood Asphalt Automotive tire Road surface Grass
Product Vision care Eyewear Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part
Plant Wood Natural material Yellow Office supplies

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
That's tiny, and some serious bands too. Are those bands thick or just magnified? It's a little beauty Q.
Thank you so much for your feedback, my friend!!!

The slingshot is 3,5cm length, 0,6cm inner fork gap and 1,6cm outer fork gap.

The bands are old school gum rubber band, cut from a sheet. They're not tapered and are 0,5cm by 27cm.

Their thickness is about 1mm

Cheers ...Q

#16 ·
If that little bitty stick could talk he would be so grateful to live on again as this slingshot!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Even a small, insignificant thing can have its 15 minutes of glory!!! LOL! :D

In this case, it can be 15 years. Why not? ;)

THANKS for watching, my friend!!!

Cheers ...Q

#18 ·
Absolutley love this bro!

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Hi my friend!!

You're doing???? THANKS for watching ;)

More of a curiosity than a functional slingshot.

Even so, I'm going to try to pierce a can with it. See if I can make it :D

Cheers ...Q

#19 ·
Inconspicuous, yet doubtlessly very effective with .177 steel BB's....very nice!

Just be careful with your thumb when shooting with it, as I would assume that it will be in the direct firing line when you hold your mini-shooter. :hmm: . I know, because I nailed my thumbnail that way with a small cardboard slingshot of a similar size...hmm. Once was enough.

#24 ·
Inconspicuous, yet doubtlessly very effective with .177 steel BB's....very nice!

Just be careful with your thumb when shooting with it, as I would assume that it will be in the direct firing line when you hold your mini-shooter. :hmm: . I know, because I nailed my thumbnail that way with a small cardboard slingshot of a similar size...hmm. Once was enough.
That's cool Q very detailed little shooter
Once I could see it.. I liked it very much! :)
Nice one Q!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK, MY FRIENDS!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm glad that you've liked it !!! It is all fun and games, until the .177 steel ball starts to fly!!! :D

BEST REGARDS ...Q

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
I still have Micro Machines. Lovely piece of work.
Many thanks, my friend!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I took inspiration in yours mini-shooter. What an AWESOME build!!!

This one is a tad smaller. My intent was to make it the smallest, yet with functionality.

"Micro-Machines"!!! You still have them???? ...I was a FOOL for those!!!! GREAT concept of a toy!!!

Did you remember ones of those years, they were called "Zoids"?? They were machines with a micro pilot in it!!!

So much fun!!

...can we be kids again, please?? YES!!!!!!

Cheers ...Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.