Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got them in the mail a few days back, and went on to test them.
There's not much to say really. They are well made, and they seem very durable. One point I like about them is that sun exposure will not have an adverse effect on them as it has on the silicon ones. I am not sure how the red center will fare though, as it is a bit thinner, but all in all they are great, and they come in many sizes.
One negative they have is that their center is clearly marked and it stands out, making focusing extremely easy, aiding accuracy a lot. I've hit the small, 2cm one, a lot more often than my ability would enable me normally, and I don't like that. I would much prefer to have to work towards correct focusing instead having a crutch given to me for free.
Still, if they last as much as I believe they will, they are well worth the money. Oh, did I mention they are dirt cheap in AliExpress?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing, but they do have a nice thwack. It's less than hitting a silicone target for sure, but it's enough to get a sense of accomplishment ????

·
Banned
193 Posts
I ordered a five pack of 8mm off eBay. Only $1.40 with free shipping from China. Amazing how the Chinese products including slingshots themselves have caught on in the slingshot world. Even Pocket Predator is now selling Chinese flat bands. The world championship in June seemed to explode into an gotta have what the champ shoots with the peg head shooters. The negative stigma of buying all things Chinese has disappeared.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
One negative they have is that their center is clearly marked and it stands out, making focusing extremely easy, aiding accuracy a lot. I've hit the small, 2cm one, a lot more often than my ability would enable me normally, and I don't like that.
Oh, please, give us a break!
Hahaha, man, I am trying to make it as hard as possible, to be prepared if I ever compete! ????
More pain during peace, less blood during war ????

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
One negative they have is that their center is clearly marked and it stands out, making focusing extremely easy, aiding accuracy a lot. I've hit the small, 2cm one, a lot more often than my ability would enable me normally, and I don't like that.
Oh, please, give us a break!
Hahaha, man, I am trying to make it as hard as possible, to be prepared if I ever compete!
More pain during peace, less blood during war
If we've learnt anything about each other in this forum, I've learned that if it is not extreme or hard, it is not Skropi!

Seriously though, that red centre or any highlighted centre of any target should simply be seen as a smaller target. We're supposed to be aiming for the centre of the spot regardless of the overall size of the target. Doesn't matter if it is a 6 cm or 2 cm target, we want to hit it dead centre. If you want to make it harder on yourself then just regard any hit out of that centre red area as a miss?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I am not going so far as to consider a side hit a miss :) I reserve that kind of punishment for when I shoot paper ????
Anyway, it is great that we have the option of so many inexpensive targets! Making a target isn't hard, but getting one for pennies is hard to beat really!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I ordered a five pack of 8mm off eBay. Only $1.40 with free shipping from China. Amazing how the Chinese products including slingshots themselves have caught on in the slingshot world. Even Pocket Predator is now selling Chinese flat bands. The world championship in June seemed to explode into an gotta have what the champ shoots with the peg head shooters. The negative stigma of buying all things Chinese has disappeared.
RenegadeShooter, would you happen to have the link?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a catchbox recently for my garage that came with one of these targets. I like it quite well. I don't think the dot helps as much as it might seem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts