Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"500+fps Speed demon"
668 Posts
Ding dong, ding dong,.....................zzzzZZZZZZZzzzz........................................ding dong, ding dong, alright, alright im coming...hold your horses !!!!

Half naked i ran
to the door, good job my postman knows me, and knows i work nights!!!!

Two parcels wayhey..15mm ball bearings (routine) as usual and hold on....... a second pacel? whats this??.....

The other parcel was addressed to john-boy, so i thought it had to be someone off this forum or someone close to me. I held the parcel thinking it weighs a bit
(lead balls, valeting gear, rimfire cartridges in bulk, shotgun cartridges) Get real, snap out of it John
opened it with complete disbelief it was the milbro chillbro from Pete Hogan!!
WOW Next day delivery!!! First class service!! Quality...

First impressions (WOW) this is a thing of beauty!!!! second impressions (how the finookin do you hold it??) oooooh Fick im gonna make video of this and review it and i don't even know how to hold it.... (what sort of reviewer does that make me..??) oh dear lol...

Well i perservered and came up with this:

1. Its shiny

2. Its very well made

3. Its nice to look at......

Lets cut out the BS and get straight to the facts!!!

Pics speak a million words so:

Now you know how it looks (Very Impressive Indeed)

Ok lets cut to the chase, so im a pure sideways (gansta or whatever) you wanna call it shooter, its how i've always held slingshots ( apart from the milbro i had as a youngster, which i couldn't hit the broadside of an articulated lorry with), so this slingshot was gonna be a challange to me no matter what!! And its the first reason i wanted to try it ( a challenge) and thats what it was!!, second being it was made of brass and heavier than what i was used to!! Third reason was the tubes and there attachment method, something im unfamiliar with thus far.

Video clip first, explanation after!!

My link (Video is available in full 720p HD) RECOMMENDED

Ok so i tried it hammer grip with thumb in middle support first (the way its supposed to be held)
couldn't hit jack!! So i tried sideways (gansta) as video shows. Only realising after viewing the video that my grip of the slingshot was all wrong (thumb leading the left fork forward instead of level with right) I have had 2 fork hits as result
and i sincerely apologise to those reviewing this after me, but i hope my actions result in better reviews!!

The slingshot is ample enough for plinking and short range hunting with the four strand bandset provided but is able to take six strand tube bandsets also, and im pretty confident it could handle lead with the latter!!

Regards
John-boy

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Great review John Boy, can't wait for my turn.
Philly

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Nice video, great looking slingsshot...hope you guys that get a chance at this enjoy it...looks like one heck of a slingshot. Just currious do any of you guys who signed up for it shoot hammer grip? or upright as a primary style of shooting? Just wondering

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Hey Harp, I am on the USA list and I shoot with the forks vertical, straight up. I can't hit s*** gangsta. Looking forward to giving it a go.
Philly

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
John,
Before sending it off... try one thing first...
Separate the tubes by one hole in between. You have three holes per side, put your tubes in the 1st and 3rd holes, skipping the middle one.
Then use the middle structure as your aim point.
I think you'll be surprised at the difference a few millimetes of separation gives.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Hey Harp, I am on the USA list and I shoot with the forks vertical, straight up. I can't hit s*** gangsta. Looking forward to giving it a go.
Philly
Good to know philly, I look forward to seeing how you like it. I have a feeling there will be a big difference shooting this one that way..

·
"500+fps Speed demon"
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
John,
Before sending it off... try one thing first...
Separate the tubes by one hole in between. You have three holes per side, put your tubes in the 1st and 3rd holes, skipping the middle one.
Then use the middle structure as your aim point.
I think you'll be surprised at the difference a few millimetes of separation gives.
Much better, thanks Bill
!! Another heads up for the rest of the participants in the review, if only i was last to review and not first
!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice video, great looking slingsshot...hope you guys that get a chance at this enjoy it...looks like one heck of a slingshot. Just currious do any of you guys who signed up for it shoot hammer grip? or upright as a primary style of shooting? Just wondering
I also shoot an upright hammer grip style and as with the others cant wait to give this bad boy a try!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Who has it now?
Philly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.