Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, a fellow enthusiast asked me to recreate the classic milbro in wood. After looking over the few Milbro models I have in my own collection, I started the creation. He asked for buckeye burl and thuja burl- neither of them strong enough to handle the delicate shape, so I started with an 1/8" thick G10 core. I then found an amazing piece of spalted buckeye burl. It was full of character and a few worm holes as well. The palm swell is made from Thuja burl and the spacer between the two woods is Figueria. The frame is finished off with a hand rubbed CA finish which provides a tough shell against dents and dings on the soft woods. It is fitted with 3060 tubes and is one of the more attractive slingshots I have ever produced, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi i like the look of this clone do you think it would take a set of 6mm sq black bands let me know and i will post a set out to you F O C would be a real shame to spoil such a nice catapult with tubes? when you can have the real thing Pete

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I have seen this one in person and can say, perhaps only in person will the full effect of what it is visually be appreciated. Maybe a couple of other photos in different settings might help lessen the difference between the indirect visual and in-person visual. A serious stunner!!

No kidding, I almost don't know how Nathan can let this not be part of his personal collection. My thinking is; he could make another "like it" that would satisfy his customer. But this will be another of Flippinoutslingshots out in the world letting others see some amazing creativity and craftsmanship.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all!

I apologize profusely for not being traditional and putting squares on it. This one is more art than slingshot and it is a pleasure to simply hold. It just seems too pretty and delicate for big squares and 16mm lead LOL

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
All I can say is DUDE!!!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
awesome indeed!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since I am the one who purchased this slingshot I must say it is a prime example of Nathan's outrageous works of art. This is one awesome slingshot and i am glad to have it in my collection.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts