Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "milbro" catapult that says merlin on the handle instead of milbro, the patent number tallys up with milbro and it looks identical but it says merlin, I posted this on the general slingshot forum without realising there was a vintage section, maybe someone on here could shed some light on why it says merlin, I've had it over 40 years and still have the original leather pouch that was attached to it, I'm not looking to sell it, just curious about the name.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,745 Posts
Never saw one like that Bud. Mr. Bird has a nice collection of European Catties. Hopefully he'll see this. He should be able to help you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
First an apology, I have just noticed Sportingshots post saying he has sent me a PM, I am not aware of having a PM before imagine my surprise and embarrassment to find people have been sending me PMs for years and I had no idea, sincere apologies to all concerned. You have a rare fork, it is only the second one I have seen, I own the other. The style of lettering is contemporary with similar thin lettering on standard Milbros from the last period of production, that's most of the 1970s and into the early 1980s when the original company folded. There are other rare original Milbro variants these include Victor and Hotshot. As far as I am aware the exact reason for these special editions remains a mystery.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't remember buying it as anything special, just a standard milbro like everyone else had, it's taken a few fork hits and could do with a clean, I think I'll just hide it away and stop mucking about trying to fit bands to it ????, thank you for giving me a bit more information

·
Super Moderator
6,745 Posts
Got yourself a good one Sportingshot! I never even knew of these other Milbro names. I guess we still have a lot of surprises waiting for us in this "Vintage " part of the sport! Nice job Mr. Bird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, folks!

I know this is an old thread and maybe not the place to post, but I lost my dad last year and have finally found the will to go through and re-home some of his belongings. In his fishing bag I came across various hunting/fishing knifes, air guns, etc., but there were also 3 slingshots: a black widow I can remember using when I was younger, a blue plastic Italian one, and one of these Merlin Milbro catapults. I'm not a collector so I'm going to keep the black widow, but I feel like somebody else would appreciate the unique contents of his bag more than I will. After a quick google search, I came across this forum/thread and thought it would be best to offer it to the people here. Not looking to rip anyone off (or be ripped off myself), I'd just like it to a good home for a fair price.

Please get in touch if anyone's interested (or to shout at me for posting in the wrong place)!

Cheers,
Jan Jnr.

a8d5f4cabdd938aa6306be9c88d64846.jpg

7bf1fc45a88121c4827a27902d79be19.jpg

82eac18912c3cb08608b7850577dafec.jpg

55680e70474a9b99f18d0d756000fc16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Jan - welcome to the forum. Try posting this and any other slingshots that you want to sell in the classifieds section.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad over 20 years ago and continue to think about him every day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, folks!

I know this is an old thread and maybe not the place to post, but I lost my dad last year and have finally found the will to go through and re-home some of his belongings. In his fishing bag I came across various hunting/fishing knifes, air guns, etc., but there were also 3 slingshots: a black widow I can remember using when I was younger, a blue plastic Italian one, and one of these Merlin Milbro catapults. I'm not a collector so I'm going to keep the black widow, but I feel like somebody else would appreciate the unique contents of his bag more than I will. After a quick google search, I came across this forum/thread and thought it would be best to offer it to the people here. Not looking to rip anyone off (or be ripped off myself), I'd just like it to a good home for a fair price.

Please get in touch if anyone's interested (or to shout at me for posting in the wrong place)!

Cheers,
Jan Jnr.

I

Hello, folks!

Cheers,
Jan Jnr.

I be interested in them if still for sale 07842333811 ring me or Text me if still got and for sale 👍🏼

1 - 14 of 14 Posts