Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-O,

Here is a boardcut I put together for a trade with Mr. B. Toon. You may have seen this in his post under general slingshot discussion. I debated over putting another thread here with it, but I figured it had a place here in the homemade section.

When B-toon asked if I wanted to do a trade I figured "heck yeah!" I have made quite a few slingshots for people lately, but not for anyone on the forum. You guys truly appreciate slingshots, I can relate, so I really wanted to make something nice.

Here is a rundown on the woods. yellowheart core with 1/8" baltic birch ply on each side. Buckeye burl, Wenge, Canarywood, Paduak, ebony. I honestly wasn't too sure how much I liked this one until I started putting the palm swell together, but the lines just seemed to set it off.

It's finished with many, many coats of CA. About 14 coats of the thin cheap stuff, and 4-5 coats of some medium density stuff(supposedly equivalent to 3 coats each). I didn't want to risk sanding through it, so I figured "make it thick"! I sanded it all the way out through 2500grit(something I would normally consider absolutely absurd). I hit her with a very light/quick buff and I swear you could hear it "pop". A few coats of wax later I declared her complete. anyhow enough rambling...thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
QIMN, glad you posted it here! I had debated postin it in homemade slings... Now it can be nominated for SOTM!
You really did it on this one pal! Thankyou so much for the time and effort you put into this work of art! I owe you another slingshot too

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a chance to hold and mannnnnn! all I've got to say ...
to self ...read before you post ....I had a chance to hold it and appreciate it and yes!!! My buddy Btoon is lucky guy ...well all I've got to say is...
...great craftsmanship...awesome feel and the finished...

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Holey, that is special, says a lot of good things about the builder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts