Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back in Az. at 4AM. Bounced outta bed this morning and hustled down to the post office. Had three packages two of which got sent back. But the one I got was from MIsling!! Wow did I make make a haul! Two sets of bands and a set of tubes. A beautiful little pocket knife. And not one but four (thats right folks, I said four) slings. One man made PF, and three of the neatest little natties that you could imagine. One is a bark on with the most beautiful fine grain under the bark. Don't know what type wood it is, but that fork must be scores of years old.One is a button top in a almost white wood. Smooth?? Like feeling a maiden's cheek! Butt finished in another wood. Darker with lots of bling in the grain. The third one is a Darker wood not native to the Northwest and it has some bling wood in the middle of the Handle. Once again so perfectly smooth it makes me want to cry. How does he do that??

I'm not sure what I did to receive such beautiful work. Last I heard, I won a contest to look at his wire frame sling and then make my own design from that. Maybe one of the missing packages.

Ps: I roared outside and took three of the worst pictures ever. I'm not posting a photo of his work until I can do it justice!

Many thanks Ethan. I can't build 'em like you do, but I'll get straight with you somehow.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back in Az. at 4AM. Bounced outta bed this morning and hustled down to the post office. Had three packages two of which got sent back. But the one I got was from MIsling!! Wow did I make make a haul! Two sets of bands and a set of tubes. A beautiful little pocket knife. And not one but four (thats right folks, I said four) slings. One man made PF, and three of the neatest little natties that you could imagine. One is a bark on with the most beautiful fine grain under the bark. Don't know what type wood it is, but that fork must be scores of years old.One is a button top in a almost white wood. Smooth?? Like feeling a maiden's cheek! Butt finished in another wood. Darker with lots of bling in the grain. The third one is a Darker wood not native to the Northwest and it has some bling wood in the middle of the Handle. Once again so perfectly smooth it makes me want to cry. How does he do that??

I'm not sure what I did to receive such beautiful work. Last I heard, I won a contest to look at his wire frame sling and then make my own design from that. Maybe one of the missing packages.

Ps: I roared outside and took three of the worst pictures ever. I'm not posting a photo of his work until I can do it justice!

Many thanks Ethan. I can't build 'em like you do, but I'll get straight with you somehow.
Blue Raja! Did I win that also? Geeze I gotta stay out of Idaho! Think I got brain freeze. I spent a good deal of my thoughts scheming about what I was going to do to that F-16. And forgot MIslings generous give away.

OH, by the way, the knife is a Gerber good quality blade. Also in the package were two orange/white rings. No idea what they are.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm glad you like them! It was long since time that I payed this forum back. You just happened to be the one to benefit!

The lighter fork is maple, with Osage orange for the butt. The darker one is walnut (I think, it was a roadside find) The center section of the handle is Osage as well. I don't recall what the bark on natty is.

The rings were scraps from some other builds, no specific purpose.

Yep, Blue Raja is the wire frame dude, I'm still not convinced about those hunks of metal. :stickpoke:

Thanks for the kind words!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts