Slingshots Forum banner

Mj Wins National Championship

6K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  philly 
#1 ·
History was made in the slingshot world this weekend, as Michael McClure (M_J) won the overall championship at the Summer Nationals Slingshot Tournament. MJ took the Performance Catapults SPS to victory, beating the best shooters in the country, shooting LOOPED TUBES !!!

I cannot put into words how proud I am of MJ for his accomplishment. Well done MJ, you are a masterful shot, a great sport, and an ambassador to the slingshot community. Thank you for your loyalty to the Performance Catapults brand, and for all your efforts and hard work. A well deserved champion.

- Jim

#11 ·
Very "tubular" of you Mikey!!!
You're a great shooter and a wonderful guy. A perfect Combo for a Champion! Flatband

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
There were a number of targets we each had to shoot and silhouettes. I don't think any of us can give the results accurately until Kent sends us the compiled scores of everyone. I am sure one of us will post it. We had one of the compiled, scored events in our folders from the 2008 tournament. Cool to look back on.

I would love to see the ECST have an overall score card to see what each guy did on each event on one piece of paper like Kent Shepard does for the National. It gives life to the overall tournament. I can never remember what each guy did on an event.

#19 ·
I'm with you, Ray. Looking back at the 2008 results was fun. In the future they can read about us

The lineup in 2008 read like an all-star slingshooting team. Jay Schott, Gary Miller, Kent Shepard, Jerry Blanchard, Jack Koehler and Blue Skeen. Amazing stuff!

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is pretty cool. Having an historical chronicle of the tournament would be awesome. To see how the scores were on a particular year. Of course variables like experience and weather that can "melt steel" wouldn't be known for that year. I would have to say in the face of the heat we all really hung in there for some fine shooting.

MJ, I really enjoyed seeing your score for the speed shoot. And we aren't even with a rig designed for speed shooting like the Shepard's.

I agree the heat definitely was a challenge. It added an unknown/expected variable to make us keep pushing through, and MJ had a nasty head ache, at least Sat morn.

#21 ·
Congratulations to all of the winners. I know that it was great fun and I am sad that I had to miss it. It looks like we have some new younger top shooters in the sport and that is great. Come on the rest of you newbie shooters, all it takes is practice, practice , practice and you might be the one win one of the tournaments next year. -- Tex

#24 ·
Happy for you Mike, seems as if you had it all together, grest shooting Bud. I know you have working hsrd and it has paid off. Nice to see the Mrs kicked ass also.
Philly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.