Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, just thought I'd show off my slingshot. Not only is this my first post on the site, this is my first decent slingshot that I've ever owned. I owe the inspiration for the mods to dallasdeadeye, I hope I'm writing that correctly. It's a Trumark S9, and since I can't leave anything alone for more than five minutes, modded it so it wouldn't have the rickety plastic bit in the middle. I've since installed the bands, now I have to wait for the alcohol to dry before I give it a test. I may also add a lanyard, I don't really want to lose it. Anyways, enjoy, and expect me to post up a few more shots when I can get some good field testing in with it.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
I've always said the S9 is a great beginner slingshot. I reccomend them to people all the time.
If you turn it around so the prongs face foreward it can be a very accurate flatband slingshot, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like it so far. I did some shooting with the red bands, and it's really accurate. The plastic ammo holder bugged me though, so I did away with it. Now I just have to wait for the bands to completely set. It's driving me nuts, I want to shoot it but I can't. XD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I say go for it. The paracord wrap is easy to do, and it feels really good. Plus, I can just put the slingshot in my back pocket, it doesn't take up much room.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have at least four of them. I believe one reseller uses this model as a basis for his slingshots that have either pink or black shrink wrap though he does spread out the forks a bit. I have one where the plastic has been replaced by a cedar block and then foam tennis tape wrapped around the handle, mainly because the cedar block felt sharp in the hand. All are fitted with paracord lanyards.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
im liking the para-cord wrap!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Very nice, some of you chaps do some awesome wrapping modifications to handles. Something I might try in the near future
on a few of mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sean, if you want to learn how, there's a guy on youtube called Tying it all Together. He shows awesome tutorials on a lot of different paracord wraps. The one I used is called a cobra weave.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have exactly the same thing - just wondering how you've found the black bands to compare to the red in terms of power?

I've only used the yellow bands it comes with before replacing with the black tubes - a huge difference. Wondering how the red would go, as I have a set of them as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts