Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just made a new pfs modeled after the first one I made. While I really like shooting my original, I ended up with a few fork hits beating away the walnut.

So on my new one I wrapped the center brass back around the forks and also made it a No Tie. I also went with birch and walnut instead of poplar and walnut. The old one is on the left, the new on the right.

Hope you enjoy.
Brown Wood Artifact Hardwood Personal protective equipment

Food Hand Ingredient Wood Gesture

Brown Wood Font Artifact Metal

Shoe Wood Artifact Musical instrument Art

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent! I think you had stated in your other post that this was your first time shooting since the old wrist rockets. So you know about the whole twist and tweak thing that鈥檚 needed when shooting PFS? I just wanted to make certain to save your hand and frame some agony.
Yes, I twist and tweak. Lol
I made sure to suffer through a few YouTube videos before I started shooting.

Thanks for checking

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really sweet looking PFS.
The brass wrap on the forks is genius!
I'm also a fan of the top slot attachment. But none that I've done are as neat as yours! LOL!
I wonder what's going to happen when I get a fork hit now.. will it ricochet right into my eye? Will the brass detach itself from the wood? Lol

I don't think I'll do any more brass like this, I'm not set up with the right tools for this kind of stuff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What if you angled the fork face?

View attachment 369424

Forgive my sloppy photoshop work there. That would definitely help promote an away from the face trajectory.
That's a Really good idea!! I hope, lol. If it ends up being dangerous I might try to alter it in this way.

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just make sure there鈥檚 not a Lamborghini sitting off to the right anywhere 馃槤
Lol, I thought about that too.. well, a person or window in place of a Lamborghini.

I don't really want to change it, but I'm afraid (being a beginner) to shoot it myself.

How do folks determine the value if I were to sell it?

Premium Member
Lol, I thought about that too.. well, a person or window in place of a Lamborghini.

I don't really want to change it, but I'm afraid (being a beginner) to shoot it myself.

How do folks determine the value if I were to sell it?
Whew value is a hard one. The prices seem to be all over the place. I鈥檓 sure someone around here with a bit more experience will see this and could give you a good starting price though. They鈥檙e nice builds.

Registered
I wonder what's going to happen when I get a fork hit now.. will it ricochet right into my eye? Will the brass detach itself from the wood? Lol

I don't think I'll do any more brass like this, I'm not set up with the right tools for this kind of stuff.
That had to be awfully tricky! That is really tough to get the metal to stay bent at the angles that you want! The metal always wants to spring back. Nice job!
Brian

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That had to be awfully tricky! That is really tough to get the metal to stay bent at the angles that you want! The metal always wants to spring back. Nice job!
Brian
It definitely wasn't fun, i was able to bend the metal to it's mostly final shape before fitting it onto the sling and glueing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts