Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Search "Fimo"; there are lot of examples here in the forum.

Fimo is an oven hardened polymer clay.

Came across it as I continue to read the homemade forum start to present.

Currently on page 453; started at 1.

P.S. Here is a picture of my Bone grip; it's made from resin.

Screenshot_2020-01-18 Bonegrips Hot Off The Press The Slingshot Community Forum.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Tag...

Strange that you should mention that at this time. Over the holidays while teaching my G-daughter to shoot frameless, My index finger on my shooting hand Just gave up on me. Cold weather and overuse I suppose. So I bought a tub of "play dough" and experimented around with a shape that I could hold in hand hidden that would sorta flow toward the web of my hand then sweep up and under my pointer and support the bend in it while under tension tried several ideas, balled the stuff up and started over. Anyway, they told me that if I got a shape and left it out (to dry cure whatever) that it would harden. Kind of a long post, but you might think about that. Maybe it'll work. Good luck and let me know.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it would be a useful tool when wanting someone to craft a custom slingshot to our specs

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi Tag,

Great thread!

• I do like to use traditional sculpting clay for basic visualization of the idea. Not a shoot-able frame, but to feel the mass and volume.
  • Sometimes small amount of clay like fimo can help to make a frame more comfortable.
  • I was using the automotive type of heated clay for delicate stuff. That is also pretty powerful
  • When a slingshot is not ready yet but want to test a feel before adding final grips I make mockups with (usually the white air dry) clay.
  • Great for ergo studies. Once it is hardened it could be 3dscanned or used as a carving reference.
  • Moldmaking.

Clay and clay like materials are very versatile in my practice.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
Хорошая идея! Попробую вылепить анатомические накладки для рукоятки рогатки.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts