Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

According to the preliminary statistics, there are over 300 various slingshot shooting ranges in China at present, many of which have been upgraded with facilities, and visual automatic reporting subsystem is very popular, as well as automatic reset target system. These ranges are privately funded and work well, so I have to say, it is good to develop the slingshot sport among the wealthy,lol.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Haha... I guess I could go to a gun range here in TN. But it would be expense and a bit taboo for my slinging.

So happy to see that China has so many slingshot ranges. Someday... I hope tge U.S. does.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Technically, all that is needed is a section of a sports hall with adequate separations that clearly delimit the slingshot shooting range (10-15 yards), and which also guarantee the required safety standards - along with the appropriate safe targets and backgrounds i.e. maximum rebound prevention.

A shooting club in my region rents a room in a building designed for various types of sports (swimming pool, indoor basket ball and football, etc.) to shoot at 10 yards with PCP competition air pistols during the winter season.

It should therefore be possible to set up a similar facility at local sports centers (sports halls) for slingshot target shooting, particularly with a focus on competitive training in countries where slingshots are legal - of course bearing in mind the need for comprehensive insurance coverage, and installations (procedures) that ensure the safety of slingshot shooters and other people present at the intended premises

This could also be a way of creating a local club, and promoting our challenging sport.

Food for thought...

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Very cool setup. This kind of range would be really handy in urban areas where there aren't as many places to safely shoot.

Reactions: Pebble Shooter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts