Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a photo of my Daisy F-16 under the topic Most Accurate Sling in the General Discussion forum and a couple of the guys asked for more details on the mods, so I made a short video. In the video I forgot to show how I attach looped and pseudo tubes so I am linking a video I made showing that attachment method.

Here is the video on attaching looped tubes:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the nice comments,guys! I also forgot to mention in the video, that my intention was to make several different grips/palmswells so I could change the looks of the slingshot by changing the grip and lanyard. Although I have collected several nice hunks of wood I never got around to making them into grips.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post GG! That's a great looking slingshot and a good example what can be done with a simple frame! I can't weld but You've certainly given me a lot to think about in terms of making that old F16 shootable!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GG - thank you! I do not have the ability to weld, and my woodworking skills (or lack thereof) do not include cutting a kerf, but - you gave me some ideas to attempt a mod.
Thanks for taking the time to post GG! That's a great looking slingshot and a good example what can be done with a simple frame! I can't weld but You've certainly given me a lot to think about in terms of making that old F16 shootable!
I used to be able to stick weld good enough to do farm repairs but I don't have a welder so I had a friend who does metal work do the cutting and welding for me. He charged me eight bucks. So I have about $13.00 invested in this slingshot. Cutting the kerf on the grip was easy. Could be done with a handsaw or even a chisel.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thinking about tying a piece of 1/2” dowel perpendicular to the grip, at the bottom of the forks, for a thumb and index finger rest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts