Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love this frame. quality is perfect, size is perfect, the flip clips are very nicely machined. that said, i cannot leave anything alone, and im loving stippling for grip on my poly slingers. i like a pinky hole so i left off the scales, and chamfered the clips to be more pocket friendly. after a tumble and a polish with scotch brite and a post-it note, shes gtg!

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
That is a neat mod, how did you create the stippling? I think that would be a worth while modification to my scout lt too :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used a pencil grinder and a 1/8 dia carbide burr. i look forward to doing more, bc it takes practice. it is my second one. i like to make all of the dots bigger in a series of "coats" if you will. you can then adjust location as you enlarge them. my brain doesnt allow randomness, so mine is symmetrical-ish. the polycarbonate gets pretty tough feathers on the edges, so it takes scraping and sanding or scotch brite, which then is a chalky finish that can get dingy but is great for grip. i prefer a bit of a polish. i used a scrubbing kitchen sponge with dw 40 then a piece of paper to final polish

·
Registered
Mainly an OTT and PFS Shooter
121 Posts
Looks pretty cool! The Scout LT has to be in my top 3. On a lighter note, if you ever get a fork hit, it'll look like it's part of the decoration 😂

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I'm digging the look! Super cool with the stippling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts